• Transport finished goods and raw materials over land to and from manufacturing plants or retail and distribution centers
• Inspect vehicles for mechanical items and safety issues and perform preventative maintenance
• Plan routes and meet delivery schedules
• Document and log work/rest periods and kilometres spent driving and retain fuel/toll receipts
• Input “macros” into our automated system for each stage of the loading and unloading process
• Comply with truck driving rules and regulations (size, weight, route designations, parking and break periods) as well as with company policies and procedures
• Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions
• Collect and verify delivery instructions
• Report defects, accidents or violations
• Proven work experience as a heavy truck driver
• Hands on experience with electronic equipment and software (GPS, AVL units, CB etc)
• Ability to drive long hours and travel regularly
• Extensive knowledge of applicable truck driving rules and regulations
• No recent moving or driving violations
• Adaptability and foresight to handle unexpected situations (traffic, weather conditions etc)
• Willing to submit to background/drug checks and provide employment recommendations
• Trucking school diploma
• Valid truck driving license
We are looking for an experienced truck driver to serve our supply chain logistics department in a safe and timely manner.
Under the overall responsibility of the Director of ILO Country Office for the United Republic of Tanzania, Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda and Uganda (CO-Dar Es Salaam...
From International Labour Organization (Ilo) - Nairobi Area
Published a month ago
V/NO. 12/2020 Salary Scale: Ksh.32,160 – Ksh.42,780 p.m. BAC ‘9’ Terms of Service: Permanent & Pensionable Requirements for Appointment: – For appointment to...
From Bukura Agricultural College - Western
Published 24 days ago
Key Operational Responsibilities: • Drive company vehicles, staff, materials and goods in a safe and timely manner. • Ensure delivery of goods and services as...
From Human Capital Synergies (Hcs) Africa Ltd - Nairobi Area
Published 3 days ago
Reporting to the Administrative Officer, the Driver will be responsible for the provision ofsafe and timely transportation of authorized passengers as well as...
From Kenya Film Commission - Nairobi Area
Published 3 days ago